Saturday, August 1, 2009
Fashion Sense
Today we had a garage sale. I have been cleaning out our storage room in the basement, and we had so much extra stuff that we don't have or use anymore. I thought, what a perfect opportunity to make a trip to goodwill! Mike said, no, we are having a garage sale. I agreed to the sale, but I told Mike he had to man the sale and I would do the setting up. So, all week, we have hauled toys, old electronics, and lots of other stuff into the garage. I also decided that I needed to clean out my clothes, and I would sell my old clothes that I haven't worn for several years. So, the garage sale starts this morning, and I have to say, it was a hit! We were a popular house, and I watched out the window and saw lots of people leaving with lots of our old stuff! Yay! Around the end of the sale, I went out to see how things had gone, and noticed that most of my old clothes and shoes are gone. I am so fashionable, I am thinking to myself. My clothes are so popular! I hope I haven't gotten rid of anything that I am going to regret. Mike noticed me eyeing up the clothes table, and he says, "your clothes sure attracted a different lot." "huh?" I said. "yeah, one lady came by and picked up about ten of your old shirts to give to her elderly mother." "What??" I ask. "And you will probably be seeing the rest worn by ladies in our old neighborhood."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment