I found out last week that Sydney's kindergarten teacher is taking a six week medical leave from school. Why? Who knows. Briana heard she has to have surgery on her foot, but I have not gotten a confirmation on that rumor yet. Everyone is being very secretive about it. So, they have called in a replacement for her until she is back. Her replacement is Cruella DeVille. She is pretty nice, but she has a very loud personality. Loud clothes, lots of jewelry, and she wears a cape for a winter coat. And she has a very loud, booming voice. So, when I found out she was going to be Sydney's teacher for six weeks, I was a little concerned. Even though she seems nice enough, her loud voice could be confused for yelling at times. Last week, I went up to help at school and became more concerned by her teaching style. If she's going to be there for six weeks, is she going to be able to teach the kids what they need to be learning? Is that class going to fall behind? Sydney seems comfortable with her, so that's good. Anyway, last night, Mike put Sydney to bed and she was reading all kinds of words in her book! All on her own! And they weren't even her sight words! Then, a little while later, she brought me down this piece of paper:
.jpg)
It says, Mommy I love evwbtd
Translation: Mommy, I love everybody. She sounded out the word everybody! So maybe Cruella won't be so bad after all.
No comments:
Post a Comment