Wednesday, June 2, 2010

I am the mother of an eight year old!

Happy Birthday to Briana!! Yesterday was the big day. She wanted to get up early and open her presents before school, and who am I to deny her that on her birthday? I decorated her bedroom door the night before to surprise her.

And then we got up around 7 am to open presents!
To add to the morning excitement, Briana was finally able to ditch her booster seat! She has been waiting for this day for what seems like forever. She is now officially old enough to ride without one!
She got to take donuts to school for her birthday treat, and I got to have lunch with her. I really tried to pull out all the stops for my birthday girl!!
After school, the girls wanted to get out Briana's new slip and slide and try it out. The sky was getting quite cloudy, but we managed to slip and slide for a little while before the hail hit. When we came in to dry off, Briana noticed yet another surprise waiting for her in her room!
I told her I would make her any dinner she wanted, and she picked nachos. And for her cake, she requested a pudding pie. Delish!
Happy Birthday, Briana!! I love you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment