Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy President's Day!

In honor of President's Day, the girls got the day off of school today. We enjoyed the luxury of being able to stay up late on a Sunday night, and the girls were getting along fabulously.
Ellie relaxed all night too.
I woke up this morning to the sound of giggling. I came down and the girls were playing on the computers (no surprise there!). I came into the kitchen to find this:
"What is going on with the barbies?" I asked the girls.
"They're laying out, Mom." they replied. I should have known.
After the barbies finished laying out and we had lunch, Briana whipped this masterpiece together.
Her very first pillowcase! She did all the sewing on her own, and it turned out fantastic! She's already planning on sleeping on it tonight.
This afternoon, the girls and I got creative and made some houses out of toothpicks and marshmallows.
I made a giant hotel that is currently on the verge of collapse. Briana made her dream house, complete with a pool. Sydney was true to character, and made a minature house for herself.
She had to break all the toothpicks in half to make hers smaller than everyone elses. I wonder if it's the perfect size for a smurf?

No comments:

Post a Comment