Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Vote for Sydney!

This year, Sydney is running for student council!!  She has been busily making her poster and preparing her speech.  That's right.  She has to give a speech in front of  her whole class.  She's not nervous about it though.  Why would she be?  She talks in front of the class all the time!  She told me so. 
 
Here is a copy of her speech.  I'm hoping it's ok with her that I'm sharing it on here.  It's really pretty awesome.
 
It says:  If you vote for me, I will watch for bullies.  I will think of a way to stop them.  I want to help Harvey Oaks be a great school.  I will work really hard on this to make it a great year!
 
In other, much less exciting news, I met Rainbow Rowell today!  Shannon and I went to one of her readings in the Old Market.  We were sitting in our chairs waiting for it to start and Rainbow came and sat down right next to me and introduced herself!!!  She said she was happy to see that I had a copy of her new book that's only available in the UK.  Yay!!  So we chatted about it for a few minutes and I gushed about how awesome the book is.  Then she did her reading, which was awesome and funny.  Then she signed my book and took a picture with me! 
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment