Saturday, April 25, 2009

National turn your TV off week

Briana came home from school on Monday and informed me that it is national turn your tv off week. And that includes no playing the wii, and using the computer all week too. Of course I encouraged her to do it, especially since they got a reward at school on Friday if they did it. It was a long week, but we made it through. I had to sneak my TV watching and computer playing while Briana was at school or in bed. That's tough to do! But since I am such a devoted parent, I had to set a good example while she was around.
Tuesday morning, Briana woke up and got out the scotch tape. She taped over all the buttons on all the tvs, all the buttons on all the remotes, and she taped the laptop shut! She even taped over the buttons on Mike's xbox (way to go, Briana!) and she taped the basement computer mouse to the table. And if that wasn't enough, she hid the taped up remotes! I had to spend quite a while searching for them after she was at school on Tuesday. Luckily, Sydney saw where she hid them, so she clued me in.
On Friday at school, Briana got an ice cream sandwich and a coupon for a free kids meal at Chili's (with the purchase of an adult meal, of course). So tonight, we are going to Chili's for dinner. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment