Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Recipes

I made my shredded beef tacos last night! They were delish! And very easy to make. Here's the recipe:
Tacos:
1 (5-6 lb) boneless chuck beef roast, cut into 8 pieces (I used a 2-3 pound roast)
1 cup salsa
1 large onion, chopped
1 (4 oz) can chopped green chilis (I didn't add this b/c I got the wrong kind at the store)
1 Tablespoon finely chopped fresh garlic (I used one clove, pressed)
1/2 cup water
1 package taco seasoning mix
16 flour tortillas, warmed

Toppings:
chopped lettuce
shredded cheese
sour cream
chopped tomato
anything else you like on your tacos

Place roast pieces, salsa, onion and garlic in crock pot. Combine water and taco seasoning in small bowl. Pour over beef. Cover, cook on high 5 to 6 hours or on low for 6-8 hours, or till beef is tender.
Remove meat from crock pot, reserving juices. Shred using two forks (this took me about 15 seconds because the meat was so tender it was falling apart) and return to juices in slow cooker. Spoon meat mixture onto each tortilla and top as desired. So, so yummy! But, it makes a ton! We have eaten it for two nights now and we still have a ton of meat left over. I will definitely save this recipe for a night when we are having company.

No comments:

Post a Comment