Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Luck o the Irish

Happy St. Patty's Day!! I had my first run in with a little leprechaun first thing this morning.



It kept spying on me as I was making breakfast! Luckily, Sydney came downstairs just in time and scared it away.

After breakfast, we set up a leprechaun trap.



The girls put some reece's peices under the basket to try to lure the leprechaun in. Then if we caught one, we were going to steal his pot of gold!

Unfortunately, the girls had to go to school and they couldn't watch the trap all day.

I got to go to school today too, for Lunch With A Loved One, and we got to shop at the bookfair during recess. Look what I got!


I was gone from the house all day, and didn't get back until after school. Look at this mess that we came home to!



The pictures on the walls were all crooked, the couch cushions were askew, and look what he did with Briana's shoes!

Even my rocking chair had been tampered with!

Then we remembered to check our leprechaun trap. Guess what? That sneaky leprechaun got away! But, he left a couple pots of gold.



After the girls found their pots of gold, I found my treasure, in the form of a very messy kitchen!


Lucky me!
After the girls saw that the leprechaun had escaped, they took off their shoes and very quietly searched the rest of the house for him. After a little while, they gave up. That is about the time that I started hearing some very unusual sounds coming from upstairs. It sounded a lot like "Yodel-aaa-heee-hoooo" So I went up to investigate. I searched high and low, but I couldn't find anything. And every few minutes, I kept hearing "Yodel-aaa-heee-hoooo!" I tried following the sound of the yodelling, and I finally found this.
It was a leprechaun in Briana's closet! And it was wearing my shirt! And Briana's red cowboy hat! And that leprechaun was very, very sneaky. Every time I would find it, it would sneak away and find a new hiding place. I was starting to get worried that the leprechaun had eaten Briana. So I put out some green popcorn to see if I could get Briana to reappear.
It worked!
Happy St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment