Yesterday, we had to do a bunch of running around, and Sydney wanted to know if she could get a hermit crab while we were out. I would have let her get one, but she didn't want hers to be in the same tank as Briana's. She wanted her own tank for her room. Briana's tank, crab, and all the accessories cost $50!! And I just couldn't spend that again. So when we got to the pet store, I told her if she wanted to, we could get her two fish instead and they could have their own tank and everything. So she picked out these pretty yellow guppies. She decided to name them Tigerlily and Lemon Drop. So cute! We got the tank all set up and put the fish in.
Here are the girls with all of our pets lined up on the kitchen table.
We now have five pets. Five. Two betas, one hermit crab and two guppies.
We went to Mamaw and Papaw's house last night for dinner and to celebrate Brian's birthday. Briana took Tacky with and totally grossed out Mamaw. Ha ha! Unfortunately, when we got home, Sydney's new fish were sleeping. Upside down. We told her that they maybe would wake up today after preschool. I thought I would just run to the petstore, get some new fish, switch them out and no one would be any the wiser. But, Briana is sick today, so she had to go with me to pick out the new fish, and I had to tell her that the original fish died. Which meant that I had to tell Sydney too, because I know Briana wouldn't be able to keep that a secret for very long. When Sydney came home after preschool, she wanted to know if her fish had woken up yet. I told her to go up to her room and check on them. I followed her up there, and told her that those were new fish because the other ones had died. She took the news pretty well. I had kept the old fish carcasses in the kitchen sink in a baggie (so disgusting), and we had a fish funeral in the bathroom this afternoon. Sydney cried, and I flushed. I did say a few words for the fish before I flushed them. She got over it quickly, and has been up to her room several times to make sure the new fish are still swimming. I have a feeling even the new fish aren't going to last that long.
Oh, something I forgot about is Briana held Tacky in her hands for the very first time yesterday.
Note the protective barrier between her skin and the crab.
And here's a photo of the new fish.
No comments:
Post a Comment