Friday, January 8, 2010

Snow Days

Thanks to a mountain of snow, tons of ice, roads that are extremely dangerous to drive on, and -40 degree windchills, my kids have had snow days for the last three days. It worked out quite nice because they haven't gone back from Christmas vacation yet. We have, however, played with every toy in the house. We ran the batteries out of the Wii twice, replaced the batteries in the Glow Boards twice, and played every board game we have. We have watched Tom & Jerry, iCarly and Spongebob more times than I can count. Briana completely finished one of her DSI games and Sydney has unlocked all portions on one of her games (no small feat, believe me). I have baked two batches of cookies, two batches of brownies, I have read 3 books, and gotten to world 7 on my Super Mario Wii game. I have not driven my car in four days. I may be going crazy. From cabin fever. And I haven't even mentioned the cleaning I have done. The house is spick and span. I scrubbed all the floors, picked up everything, DUSTED (I NEVER dust.), and I cleaned out Mike's dresser and I cleaned out the kids sock and underwear drawers. I am ready for spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment